Wednesday, July 2, 2008

March is ALL about the Greatest Man on the Planet

I know you all think you married the greatest man on the planet, but well, I think I've got you beat! For our 8th wedding anniversary TeJay planned a surprise trip for the two of us to NYC! That's right - NEW YORK CITY!! A couple days before we were scheduled to leave I found out where we were going, and that ALL arrangements had been made. I didn't have to do a thing - I didn't have to find someone to watch the kids - TeJay did that ALL on his own! That is worth it's wait of GOLD in my book!!

Our flight left at midnight on Thursday, and we got to NY at 6 am. Our hotel didn't have a room for us at that early hour, so we went to get breakfast, and then being exhausted like we were (no sleep on the plane) we fell asleep on each other in the hotel lobby. After a little nap for a couple of hours we started out on the town. And we saw as much of the town as could in 2 days!! We hardly slept!!!

Here we are at the Brooklyn Bridge
I thought we could walk across the whole thing, but when we got halfway across I realized that that was probably good enough!

Here we are on top of the World on the top of Rockerfeller Center.
It was the first time in the big city that I felt big! When everything looks so small.

Here I am in front of the teeny, tiny Statue of Liberty
The line to go over to the island was over 4 hours long, and we just didn't want to spend all of our time standing in a line - so this is as close as I got!

Here we are in Central Park, eating Hot Dogs
I just had to try doing this in NYC, even though it was frigid cold.
We couldn't stay still to long - had to keep moving to stay warm!
You have noticed that I'm wearing my winter coat, and gloves, right?

And the crowning moment of the trip was seeing the Broadway show, Wicked!
I LOVE the music, and I had wanted to see it pretty bad.
I was just waiting for it to come to Salt Lake - wait no more!
It was unbelievable!!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!
When it was time for intermission, I didn't want it to end, but to keep going.
I can't even count the many times I got chills. If you ever have a chance to see it, DO!!!!!

And in our seats, waiting for the show to start! We were on Row E!!!!
Yeah, Row A is on the front - So.... awesome seats.


And this post wouldn't be complete without a scrapbook page of the trip!
I have many, but I don't want to bore you, so I'll pick one!
(OK, I'll pick a 2 pager!!)

3 comments:

Heather said...

OOOOOOOOOH how wonderful! what a FABULOUS husband! REALLY! that is SERIOUSLY amazing! HOW HOW HOW SWEET! I LOVE IT!!!!

wicked!? i wanna see! how awesome that you gotta go! Sooo exciting for you! i LOVE IT!
what a great husband! seriously, i love surprises! that was a MAJOR one! and an awesome one!!!!

Heather said...

by the way, OH my! your scrapbooking is amazing!

shannon said...

OH. MY. GOSH. how amazing is that??? all i have to say is you deserve it!