Monday, October 29, 2007

My Antonia


As you might already know I LOVE to read books! I feel a little lost if I don't have a book to read. And as a rule, I always give a book until page 50. If it hasn't caught my interest by that point I give it up! I belong to a neighborhood book club, and last months book was My Antonia by Willa Cather. I guess a lot of people had read it in school, but I hadn't. It wasn't my favorite book, but I liked it so much more listening to my group talk about it (Thanks Mandy) that I had to share it with you, if you're in need of a good book.


I must warn you that it's not this picture perfect book of life, which is why I think that I didn't like it at first. I was looking for an escape, and it paints life as it really is. Antonia goes through so many hardships, that I wonder if it wasn't me if I would have given up long ago. But yet she never complains, and finds the strength to better her life. I think the most of what I took away from our discussion the other night about the book, is that even when things aren't going your way, and you can find so many reasons to wallow in pitty about your life, to just get up and go to work!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for the tip on the book! i wish i were in that club! so sad.

i am due Feb 3rd! thanks for writing you are too darn cute!