Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where did I leave off.......

Oh YEAH! On May 6th Abby turned one!! That was a huge turning point for me personally. I hadn't really been thinking about it, until maybe a couple of days before. Seriously, we went bday shopping the night before her birthday! (Now that's cutting it close!) But with regular life stuff, I hadn't realized until a couple days before that we had hit such a huge milestone. I had to take a couple of quite moments to myself as I realized how much the hand of Lord had been helping me along to get to this point. As much as I LOVE Abby, and of course our family wouldn't be complete without her, having her come to our family at the time she did and in the circumstances she came was a huge trial for me. And having realized that we (or just I) had made it for a whole year. And we were all healthy and some what sane, that that in itself was a HUGE blessing. I knew that if the Lord wanted her in our family that he would provide a way, and without me realizing it HE DID! We survived the 1st year! And I'm sure he will continue to show his tender mercies for many years to come!
The funny part about Abby's birthday party was eating the cupcakes. We thought she would just dive right in. Instead she picked at the cupcake a little, and then burst into tears for fear of the frosting. So in the end she got a cupcake that hadn't been frosted. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of the mayhem! But here are some that I did get in a scrapbook page, of course!

Credits: Sugarplum Paperie's Party Hat kit

4 comments:

Heather said...

OH! what a cutie pie! soo darn precious!

shannon said...

congrats to abby, she's so darn cute and i love that she snuggled me last sunday!

Susie said...

You have done an amazing job, not only with your blog, but also with your sweet family. I admire you, Amanda!

Heather Landry said...

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you very much for visiting my blog on the Jessica Sprague blog hop. You're welcome back any time! I have lots of free digital template freebies and I love making new friends. Thanks again, Heather

P.S. Your layout is gorgeous!! Happy Birthday to your daughter.